There is nothing like the frustration of failure, or the guilt of yesterday’s wrong. However, I want you to know that there is also never a wrong time, to do the right thing. And, I want you to know that you will never go wrong doing the right thing. It takes effort, awareness and intentionality to do the right thing. It’s easier to do what’s easy, but it’s not better. Nonetheless, with desire, effort and the empowering of the Holy Spirit, you can do it! You can do what’s right and you can do what’s better. You will never have regret or be disappointed when you do things God’s way. The Bible is a guide on how to do things God’s way. It’s a roadmap on how to do what’s best and to do what’s right. The Bible is not a book of no’s and limitations— it’s a book of defined boundaries. It’s written for your benefit. Anytime that I’ve done things my way, or that I have foolishly done what felt right or good in the moment, I’ve always had regret and remorse. But anytime that I have done things God’s way or that I’ve done things the right way— I’ve never had remorse or regret. Remember: “You’ll never go wrong doing the right thing!”
When You Do the Right Thing:
1. You feel good.
2. You don’t have as many regrets.
3. You have a sense of fulfillment and contentment.
4. You feel better about yourself.
5. You have a clean conscience.
6. You have less stress and rest better.
7. You have a peace.
8. You usually add value to the person or the situation.
9. You model integrity and maintain your character.
10. You elevate your self-esteem.
When You Do the Wrong Thing:
1. You feel bad.
2. You have regrets.
3. You’re not as fulfilled or content.
4. You don’t feel good about yourself.
5. You experience guilt and shame.
6. You have more stress and our restless.
7. You experience turmoil.
8. You don’t add value to anyone or anything.
9. You don’t model integrity and you don’t maintain your character.
10. You create a low self-esteem.